Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

23 Weeks and Pregnancy Blues

It's been a busy Easter break for us Lee's. My parents went to China for a week (from April 17th to April 23rd) to bring my grandmother here for a visit so Danny and I became the babysitter. We packed up and moved to my parents' house to babysit my sibs- I know they are old but my parents are very protective of them. On top of that, I have to open and close their store for the week. Most of the days my sister were there with me to open and close the store so it wasn't too unbearable but it is definitely physically draining to sit in a retail store from 9am till 7:30pm for a week! I don't know how my dad does this 364 days a year (the only day he takes off is on Chinese New Year... even then it's a half day). Thank god that's over and I still had a few days of relaxation before school starts tomorrow.

We had our 22 weeks sonogram at Beth Israel on Monday April 18th and this time it was sooo detailed! the sonogram technician measured every single body parts you can think of lol and it was quite entertaining watching baby lee roll around on the monitor. Danny took a day off to go with me and when the baby was rolling around, he asked if I could feel it... I totally could not feel any rolling at all haha and it's definitely a blessing since it would be quite annoying to feel all these movements all the time. I do feel baby lee kick more often now, it usually kicks in the morning... after lunch... and in the early evening. It is getting stronger and stronger, I can see his kicks on my tummy.

Danny painted our nursery during this break :) it's benjamin moore's crisp morning air, a light sky blue color. It came out really nice and sweet. We read that green and blue are the most calming to babies and since the green they recommend is a hospital green, we opted for this light blue instead. We also ordered baby lee's crib and it arrived today.. yay! It's a white DaVinci Emily 4 in 1 crib. We were deciding between the color white and expresso for the longest time and finally we thought white would work best for a neutral nursery. After extensive research, we decided on this crib because of the way it looks and its got lots of good reviews. Here are some pictures:


 We plan on getting this dresser from ikea to serve also as a changing station:


We'll see how these furniture fits into the nursery before purchasing anything else.

As of the pregnancy blues, I got visibly larger this week. It's as if I ballooned over night... It's quite scary actually. People say that I look bigger than 5 months =( which makes me sad. I think it's because I've gotten so big that I am feeling the pregnancy blues this week. I get sad at night times and I feel like crying sometimes for no reason! I never thought I would care so much about how I look during pregnancy but I do! I feel very unattractive and my big belly is getting in the way when I am sitting on the bed and trying to be comfy. I still sleep fine but it's just not the same compare to before. Hopefully I'll get pass this phase and be cheery again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment