Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 25 Update

We went in for our week 25 doctor appointment today. Before we left the house in the morning, I drank a sugar solution that contains 50 grams of glucose. The stuff tastes like a very sweet orange soda pop and I didn't mind the taste at all. When we arrived at the doctor's office, the nurse pricked my finger to get a few drops of blood for the test. As we were waiting for the result, she said anything lower than 130 is normal. What's my score? 135. I couldn't believe I failed the glucose screening test! Now I have to go to a testing center next week to have a glucose tolerance test. This will be a 3 hour test, I will get my sugar level tested every hour. I am dreading this and I really hope I don't have gestational diabetes. Although my doctor said majority of the women who failed the screening test do not have gestational diabetes, we still have to go through the test to make sure. She also mentioned that I should avoid sugary foods like cookies, soda, etc. But I love desserts! I guess I have to cut down on my sugar intake for the sake of the baby... booohoooo...

On a positive note, everything else seems normal with Baby Lee and it weights approximately 1 lb and 10 oz right now... The average is about 1 lb and 8 oz so it is slightly bigger. It's head is also measuring at 26 weeks instead of 25 weeks, so I guess we'll have a big headed baby! haha

I've been doing prenatal yoga pretty often lately. On top of going to my favorite yoga studio, I purchased a prenatal yoga dvd to try it at home. I tried it out for the first time this week and I loved it! It feels so good to be able to stay active regularly and it's super convenient.

Also, it turns out that my pregnancy blues was partially caused by my physical tiredness from watching my parents' store over Easter break. I am back to my normal self and no longer sad :) I guess my body is more accustomed to a 7am - 3pm work day (I know, I know, I have the best hours ever). Also, I'm getting used to my new dimensions haha, Baby Lee is getting big in there!

This weekend is Mom's weekend and we are taking my family out for mother's day today and we will be taking Danny's family out on Monday night to celebrate. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment