Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

6 Months Update

Eli turned 6 months old last Tuesday! Happy half birthday to my baby boy :)

First Cold
Eli got his first cold this month :( he started showing symptoms on February 7th. He was having a bit of a runny nose and some mucusy cough. I had just recovered from my cold that weekend and my MIL was getting sick so we think Eli got sick from one of us. Despite having a runny nose and coughs, Eli still slept through the nights like a trooper. His worst nights were the first few days of the cold... Friday night was the worst. He was crying for a while before going to sleep :( It was so sad not being able to do anything to help him. Overall he was still his happy self. He didn't get a fever and was completely healed 13 days later.. can you believe that? It took almost two weeks! Now I just pray and hope that he doesn't get sick anymore.

Solids
We started Eli on solids this past weekend and he didn't like it! He kept making weird faces and just spits it back out... For the most part he just played with the food... We are going to keep trying...

It gets so messy...


On A Diet
Apparently, Eli thinks he needs to be on a diet. For the past two weeks or so he has been refusing his bottle. He seems fine besides the fact that after a few ounces of formula, he would stop and refuse to drink! We are not sure what's wrong with him and for the most part we make him finishes his bottle. Dr. Park thinks that it could be his reflux flaring up so we are putting him back on his medicine to see if that helps... Otherwise it would be teething or that he is just going through a phase... boo

6 Months Wellness Checkup
Because of his cold, we delayed his 6 months check up since he can't get his vaccines until he is fully recovered. I brought him in today and he got 3 shots and an oral vaccine. As soon as we stepped into the doctor's office- he started to wail. Eli developed stranger anxiety and it's pretty severe this month. He is usually ok with strangers when they come visit us at home... I guess since it's a familiar environment... but oh boy was he crying today at the office.

Eli weights at 19lb and 3oz and he is measuring at 27inches :) My happy and growing boy

Can you see his two bottom teeth here?

Speaking Chinese
Eli has been hearing Korean from his grandparents since they take care of him during the day when I'm at work. Danny and I have just been speaking to him in English. I'm guilty of not speaking to him in Chinese. So since I'm off from work this week I've also made a very conscious decision to speak Mandarin to Eli as much as possible. Since I'm home with him by myself, it's easier to speak to him in Chinese where as when Danny is around I'm more likely to just speak English. After this week, I think I'm getting the hang of speaking to him in Chinese :) Now I just have to keep it up and hope for a trilingual baby!

Hi! Do I look like a trilingual baby? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment