Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Pregnancy Symptoms

Here are some of the more recent pregnancy symptoms I am experiencing in the last few weeks or so:

1. Stretch marks- dun dun dun! I've been dreading this since the beginning and they showed up just as I thought I've escaped this horror. I have stretch marks underneath my belly button despite the fact that I rub lotion/cream on it day and night... sighs.... at first I was pretty sad about it but I think I am getting over it now. What can I say- it's the price of having a baby.

2. Swollen fingers- surprisingly, my feet are not swollen but my fingers are! They don't look swollen but I feel it every morning when I wake up and I can't make a fist :( they are really sore every morning but they get better within an hour or two after I wake up. Along with that, my wedding rings are really snug on me now so I decided to play it safe and not wear them anymore. It was sad to part with my rings.

3. Hip pain- this is actually a brand new symptom that just appeared in the past few days. A few times, I would get this sharp hip pain usually on my right side when I am standing. Not sure why this is happening but I am assuming that the Baby's weight is causing it.

4. Snoring- so this is a really embarrassing symptom... I can't believe I snore now... but the good thing is I sleep like a champ still haha. I do feel an uncomfortable tug every time i switch from side to side because of my giant belly, but other than that, sleep has been great still.

5. Nasal Congestion- this is actually not a new symptom. I've had stuffy nose since mid pregnancy. It is a bit annoying but not too uncomfortable. Since I can't take any medication for it, I use nasal strip to help me sleep at night and it works like a charm.

6. Minor back aches- last week or so for a few days my back was bothering me. I think it was because I was at home most of the day and didn't do any physical activities. It was during the really hot days and I was just not willing to go out and walk. I've been much more active ever since and my back ache has disappeared. It's definitely good to be walking around. Unfortunately, it looks like it'll be approaching 100 degrees this week again... I'll try my best to stay active in this summer heat.

Overall, it's been an easy pregnancy for me so far and I am hoping it'll be like this for the rest of my pregnancy :) Oh, and I've gained 25 lbs since the beginning of our pregnancy and I am hoping not to exceed a 30 lb weight gain overall. Dr Wong's goal for me was actually a total of 22 - 25 lbs which of course I failed lol

No comments:

Post a Comment