Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 34/35 Update

We had our doctor's appointment this past Saturday with Dr. Wong. Baby Lee is approximately 5lbs and 10 oz and is doing well inside. It's head is measuring at 38 weeks and tummy at 36 weeks... but its leg bone is measuring at 34 weeks. I was so shocked at how big he is but Dr. Wong said it's common for babies to have growth spurts with different body parts and it would stop growing at the end of the pregnancy (let's hope). Normally the visits are quick and we are usually in and out of the exam room within minutes. But this time, I went in with a list of questions to ask haha. I admit, I am getting a bit nervous about labor and delivery. It's getting really close to our due date and I feel a bit unprepared! Dr. Wong was super nice about all my questions (when to call, epidural, tearing, pitocin, induced labor, etc) and she made me feel much better. She also reassured me that she will go over everything in depth when the time comes (at my 37 week visit)... for now, I should have nothing to worry about. She also gave us her personal pager number so we can just page her when it happens. Normally she would never give a patient her personal number but since we are family, I get the special treatment... =D When we left the office, we realized we had spend 30 minutes in there with her... good thing it wasn't very busy at the office that day.

Per usual, we went to have yummy shake shack afterwards... the line was super short that day! Probably because we got there at 11:30AM. After lunch, we went to Beth Israel for our hospital tour. The tour was very informative. I think every parent-to-be should go visit their hospital and join a tour before the due date. We now know which entrance to come in on the day of, where is the triage area,  the labor room, and finally the recovery room. All the rooms look pretty standard and I was pretty happy about it. We found out that Beth Israel is very big on breastfeeding and they encourage the baby to room with you 24/7 for that reason. Seems like there are a lot of supportive staffs and nurses to help you with breastfeeding during your stay- which I am very happy about.

The nursery is pretty much all done now. Danny mounted the baby monitor on the wall over the weekend. We also washed all the baby clothes and its bedding. There aren't that many things left over to do. I just have to pack the hospital bag and I think we are pretty much done with the preparation!

I am really afraid of going into labor. I have very little pain tolerance and I am really afraid I won't be able to take the labor pain. I know for sure I will get an epidural but I am scared of the pain BEFORE I get one. Also, I've been reading other people's labor stories and I am freaked out about the possibility of an epidural not working and/or the hospital is so busy that I won't be getting my epidural until much much later... :( All I can do is pray and hope for the best.... ahh!!!

5 more weeks till Baby Lee arrives :) and our world will be turned upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment