Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sick and Pregnant... Yuck!

I am sick with fever, runny/stuffy nose, and a hacking cough that just won't go away. I started to get sick on Friday and took some Tylenol before bed hoping I will feel better quickly. On Saturday, it got worse and I developed a fever of 100.4 at night. I got really freaked out and rushed to the doctor's office right after church on Sunday. Doctor said there is nothing he can do for me since I am pregnant and pretty much anything that I take will affect the baby negatively. I was sent home with some natural remedies such as neti pot and salt water gargle. Doc said as long as I keep my fever down (lower than 100) I should be fine. And he warned me not to go to work on Monday because I might lose the baby! That totally freaked me out and got me worried sick.

I took a sick day off on Monday since my fever would come and go. On Tuesday, I had to go back to school because I ran out of Emergency lesson plans for the sub and I had to give my students their vacation homework (they would not take it seriously if the sub distributes it). So I went in on Tuesday, taught my lessons, and flew out of there.

Danny took days off to take care of me and as we were eating lunch on Tuesday after I left school, he mentioned that Jeff has pneumonia (poor Jeff!). Being the worry freak that I am, I went back to the doctor again to see if I have pneumonia too! Rushed to the clinic and the doctor pretty much laughed at me thinking I'm crazy. Right after that, we went to our very first OBGYN appointment! I met with Dr. Chou for the very first time, she seems very nice and gentle. I told her all my worries about my nasty cold affecting our baby. She reassures me that the cold will not affect the baby and that a low grade fever lower than 100.4 is not of any concern. She prescribed me some prenatal vitamins and I had a Pap Smear done (since I haven't had one for over a year now) and had a sonogram done. On the sonogram, we were only able to see a tiny little black dot, Dr. Chou said it's still too early (approximately 4 weeks old) to detect any heartbeat so we schedule for our second appointment in 2 weeks. So there it was, a real confirmation that we are pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment