Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Baby

We went in for our doctor's appointment yesterday and we found out that Baby Lee is measuring big! Dr. Wong took three measurements:

Head: 32/33 weeks
Tummy: 28 weeks
Femur: 30 weeks

We are currently in our 28/29 weeks right now and Baby Lee's head is measuring a month ahead! Based on these measurements, Dr. Wong estimated it to weight approximately 3 lbs and 5 oz while the average baby at this time should only weight about 2 lbs and 8 oz... BIG BABY!

My mom told me that I was a big headed baby so I guess that's where Baby Lee is getting it's big head from. Dr. Wong is not concerned though, she said babies grow at different rates and maybe it's head growth will slow down from now on. The only problem with a big headed baby is that I'll have a more difficult time pushing him/her out (oh no!)

Our next doctor's appointment is in 2 weeks (we get to see Dr. Wong every 2 weeks now until we reach full term, then it becomes every week), and hopefully we'll see a more reasonable head measurement then =P Also, Baby Lee's head was in my pelvis (he has been in this position since the last visit) and we hope that it stays that way :) But because of it's position- pressing onto my bladder, I've been using the bathroom quite frequently haha- it doesn't really bother me much.

Other than it's giant head, everything else is normal with Baby and me. Have been pretty comfortable still despite some minor back aches here and there. I usually just practice a yoga session when my lower back bothers me and it relieves my ache.

The school year is coming to an end and it's surreal. It's been such an amazing year for me as a new teacher. I'm so thankful for everything God has planned for me. Can't wait for the summer break to be here though! =D

P.S. we get to see the 3-hour glucose tolerance test results and I passed it with flying colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment